Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Song of Myself... I'm Starting to Get It... Finally

And when there is the drowning sound of T.V.- let there be music.
How am I so many different people at one time?   Here I am complaining about my complacency and then I happen upon a new song- one I haven't heard before- and I remember an old craving.  I'm hungry for a new art project, new poem, new stance (not opinion, but posture)- or rather a resurrection of an old truthful stature of self. 
Self: Great subject.  Existentialism... always provoking to me.  There is such a wealth of opinion out there now.  I read other blogs and pieces of writing and I think- what is MY nitch?  Where is my stance.  Am I the new witty sex in the city girl (which sometimes I wish I was).  Am I  a cerebral loner, or your total stereotypical ex- sorority girl, or just some midwestern girl from some obnoxiously large Irish Catholic family who fell in love with her best friend and got married... or am I all. (purposeful lack of question mark)  I have to find- not myself, but the confidence and knowledge to define it.  (Hello Jo March- the theme still stands one hundred years later!)  
Conference the 20th century greats: Gardner and Sartre... I'm starting to get it now... finally. Calling all naturalists and existentialists; "I've always agreed... and now I feel it my heart."  
So what remains?
Who am I?  
The "greats" raised the question.  Actually many "greats" before them began the argument.  The only difference is; only I can answer for ME.  So maybe there is some room... for individuality.  Laughingly the idealist in me always seems to poke in it's rightous head!

I just read this over for grammar and it is riddled with multiple mistakes!!  How can I claim to be so involved with writing!  Answer... I read too much poetry!  Hard answer... I should know better.

I just love poetry so much better than pros.  Poems: The Literary Songs of Themselves

Sooo much better than Gossip Girl... what was I thinking??  (okay... I think I was trying NOT to!)


No comments: