Thursday, September 11, 2008

9/11/2008
I cannot believe it has been seven years since the attacks on 9/11.  It still makes me emotional to think about.  I was living in a green house called Ivy League with seven other girls.  It was as though everything was in solemn slow motion.  It was no longer 2001.  It was something from a history book.  We were listening to the radio while sitting on the porch swing.  I don't think I will ever forget that day.  My mother says that's how it was for her the day Kennedy was shot.  Now she has two days like that.  I hope I do not have another.
I just created this blog to re-organize all of my writing which is currently spread all over the place as well as to hopefully inspire more of it.  "Hot Child in the City" is one of my favorite songs.  It always makes me want to get in my old Jeep and roll around town with a cigarette in my mouth... no care in the world.  Now I'm on the patch, and the jeep was sold for a more "practical" car.   All I got left is the song.

No comments: